Sunday, 9 February 2014

A Little Chat // Books, Music and Food

Hello, back again! 

Today's blog doesn't really have a theme, it's more of an open blog...if that makes sense. Considering the week of rain and wind this weekend has been pleasant and I am looking forward to the last week before half term! 

The best part of my weekend being that I finished 'Will Grayson, Will Grayson' By John Green and David Levithan. Although I found this book hard to follow to begin with, I finished it within a week and loved it. There were multiple times where I found myself smiling at the book because of its humor and blunt one-liners. The double author book is just bound full of genius characters and a mixture of humour and true feelings of everyday teens. As you reach the end you feel you've really gone on a journey with both Will's and that you've seen them at their lowest moments. It's a brilliant read to which I recommend if you want a light and humourous read.Now I move onto the rest of 'The Mortal Instruments' series, which by the response of some of my friends will be an amazing read!

That's the geeky bit of my weekend over but I didn't spend my whole weekend crying over books, I also went to a Chinese buffet for a birthday which was a... somewhat stressful evening. The restaurant however was lovely, although tables were maybe set a little too close to each other the buffet was lovely with a variety of foods ranging from starters of crispy seaweed to desserts of chocolate fountain and fruit. The service was brilliant and considering how busy it was they fitted 15 of us in straight away. I highly recommend this restaurant called Aroma in Shepherds Bush, London and if you aren't from the United Kingdom, then here's a place to visit! (just prepare yourself for the weather)

Onto the musical section! I've recently been widening my field of music and somewhere along the live I stumbled upon Miley Cyrus' album. Do not ask how or why but to some extent I enjoyed some of the songs on her album as well as some songs she is featured on. Knowing Miley is such a controversial artist and she won't be everybody's cup of tea I won't blab on about her any longer. Why not explore the music outside of your comfort zone? You might find something you like!

Album of the week? 
So long, see you tomorrow - Bombay Bicycle Club
Bombay Bicycle Club have a calm and mellow sound as well as raw and fresh and this album is definitely going onto my iPod as soon as this blog is uploaded. I feel this album would be perfect for car journeys or just journeys in general and will instantly put you in a good mood. I personally recommend 'It's Alright Now' as it's probably my favourite song on the album! Enjoy!

Well I hope this blog have something for everyone! Music, books and food...what more do you need in life?! Let me know what you think of everything and if you want to buy Will Grayson, WIll Grayson or So long, See you tomorrow then there will be links down below! If you have any suggestions for the next blog (Tuesday) then drop me your ideas! Also be sure to vote in the poll you will find to the right hand side of this blog! I would love to see what people think. Be sure to follow me on twitter:) @shanrobinsonn

Will Grayson, Will Grayson (Amazon) - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Will-Grayson-John-Green/dp/0141346116
So Long, See You Tomorrow (iTunes) - https://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/so-long-see-you-tomorrow/id768075566

Adios for now!
Shannon xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment