I thought I would try something different and give "How to:..." segment a try!
Ingredients:- 225g/8oz Plain flour
- 125g/41/2 oz Caster sugar
- 150g/51/2 oz Butter and extra for greasing.
- 1tsp vanilla extract/water or food colouring.
- Dr Oetker writing icing
Let's get down the business!
Obviously start by washing all equipment and hands:)
- Preheat your oven to gas mark 4/180◦C/350◦F
- Grease a baking tray, or use baking paper. I used foil and greased that as it works the exact same.
- In a large bowl add the flour and butter and rub together with your fingers to make a substance that resembles fine breadcrumbs like this photo:
- Once this is done, mix in the sugar and add vanilla essence if you have it, if not about 2tsp will have the same effect (but won't add a vanilla taste) and form into a dough ball.
- By splitting a little crevice (hole) in the centre of the ball add 3 drops of food colouring (optional). Add more if required and mix until there is a somewhat even coverage of colour.
- Roll the ball out on a lightly floured surface until it is around 1-2 cm thick (It may resemble a country), and then using a biscuit cutter, start cutting out shapes. Then arrange them onto the previously greased baking tray.
|Mine ended up looking like a country.|
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden and resembles biscuit texture.
- When they are ready convert them onto a cooling rack *They will be very hot*
WE HAVE BISCUITS!
- There are many designs you could opt for, if you have an artistic hand then you could really go all out; but I don't so here are my basic designs:)
Well I hope this different blog was interesting for you and that you enjoyed it, or even made you decide to bake these biscuits considering how quick and easy they are! If you enjoyed this type of blog then let me know, I would love to do more "How to:" blogs for a variety of things whether it be baking or different hair styles! Let me know down below or drop me a tweet (@shanrobinsonn).