Friday, 7 February 2014

A Trip At Home // London

Hey there,


I'm going to start off by apologising for the late up-blog as I was extremely tired yesterday after getting home late due to dance lessons but hope this blog will be enough to keep you staying around! 
Although it is the second month of this year I definitely started 2014 with a a great day. I took a spontaneous trip to London with one of my best friends. Going to London was a big step for me as I don't particularly like big crowds and not knowing where I am but this was one of the best days out I've had.

One picture I took which was my favourite was at St.James' park.




This park was huge and I thought it was perfect for a photo. The cute benches are spread evenly down evenly down the path on the edge of the acid green grass. It was beautiful. If you're not familiar with London then St. James' park is famous for being on the rim of Buckingham Palace (that's where the Queen lives if you're struggling...)

When we got to Buckingham Palace I didn't even realise we were there; even though the beautiful building with people all stood around was right in front of us! Being right next to the palace is actually quite remarkable because although it's in the town you live in you still only see it in photos or in the media. It was great and also accompanied by a captivating circular fountain. 

Here are a few more photos which we took in London:)
St Paul's Cathedral.

A textiles type quilt found in the Tate Modern...rather explicit.

A photo from the Tate Modern.

It is fair to say we made our way round a lot of London that day and it was brilliant because it felt like I was conquering a bit of fear. All of these beautiful sights are right outside my front door, who knows what you'll find! Go and explore your town or city you never know what you'll find.

Again I'm sorry for up-blogging later than expected but I hope you enjoyed this blog and it has inspired you to do some of your own short distance travelling! Send me your feed back down below or you could even follow this blog to be updated every time I up-blog (provided I do it on time that is)

Until Sunday!
Shannon xx





No comments:

Post a Comment