Friday, 7 March 2014

Those Who Matter // Friends Are Family Too

Hello!

I didn't upload a blog yesterday as I was so busy after school and dance I was exhausted by the time I got home and just didn't have time! But, fear not I am here with a pretty much general blog post where I just write what I think and feel.

People. Love them or loathe them, you will come across so many different people in your lifetime and some of them will stay with you forever. I have been lucky enough to have some of the most amazing friends in my life and although I wasn't one with many friends in primary school (Elementary school) but once I started high school I was able to actually able to make friends including two best friends that I hope to have throughout the rest of my life. I've began to learn that friendships that end are friendships that never really started and I believe that, sometimes.


Friends are the family you choose and they are there for you through thick and thin and the people you can be weird and have fun with whilst also knowing there serious side of the friendship. I know personally that sometimes I have moments of doubt about myself as a friend to others and feel like I don't deserve the friends I have but then I remember that if I didn't deserve them then they wouldn't stay with me.


A friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you. – Elbert Hubbard


I really like this quote by Elbert Hubbard as it really does say the true meaning of a friendship because your friends can see you at your worst points and will stand by you until you're okay again and vice versa. They know your deepest darkest secrets and won't judge you even if you think they will. One thing that has made me realise how important friendship truly is, is school and the pressure it brings especially during the build up to exam season. You know that everyone is feeling the same amount of pressure as you and that they understand the same about you and you can just forget about all the revision and endless amounts of homework's for a few hours.


Whether they are best friend's, close friend's, friend's or just acquaintances always remember how much you mean to them and how much they mean to you because that's a  realisation I've come to recently. Without friends some of us wouldn't survive. They're our safetey blankets and even though some of them might be bloody crazy we still love them with all our hearts sometimes it hurts!


I hope you enjoyed today's blog and it enlightened you! Be sure to let me know what you think if you want to and enjoy your weekend:)

Shannon xx

1 comment: