Sunday, 9 March 2014

The Bad People In Life // Getting Deep

Hello! 

I hope you enjoyed Friday's blog and am here again to bring you another blog run off of my thoughts and feelings. Today's topic is somewhat different as it is all about you and I's bodies. As I previously said in a rant ( Which you can find here!) Everybody has a different body shape and that's no secret. We should embrace this instead of hiding it and feeling shy because of it. 


I know that from previous experiences that people will judge you for your appearance, whether it be your skin, weight, height or even style. For some reason some people find it acceptable to make fun of others for these reason and make them lose any self esteem they have. When I was in primary school I was the one with no friends throughout them 7 years and have been bullied multiple times for my weight in the past. These situations can really have an effect on your life, even if you think you're just saying a few harmful words to someone as a "joke" them words can stick with that person forever and can really leave them feeling abused and torn. Things like this can lead to paths or turmoil in a persons life and can leave them in a really bad way as it did me. 


Things like this can make you think you're not good enough and that you were made 'wrong' because you don't look like everyone else and that makes you want to change yourself. I took matters into my own hands and I changed myself; not in the best way but I'm happier now and am much more conscious of myself and am making my fitness and health are up to the standards I want them by doing dance, going to the gym and still eating what I want but not ALL the time. I've grown now to learn that there are going to be people that don't accept you and won't like you for an array of reasons but if you like yourself then that's all that matters.


 I love this.


The other day I was scrolling through tumblr as I do daily and I came upon a post that really stood out to me. As you can see it says quite a controversial statement about what someone may say about a boy having acne and there being a defensive response which I  thoroughly respect. Acne is very common in teenagers and younger adults. About 80% of people between the ages of 11 and 30 will be affected by acne and although I haven't experienced it I know how much of an irritating and hard thing it is to deal with through daily life. Just like many other things this is also a popular reason for bringing teen's self esteem lower than low and it shouldn't. The main reason it makes people self conscious is because there are people out there who are jerks and judgemental and might say something when in reality they make no different to who you are. No matter how serious or mild it may be you are still the same great person and beautiful in every way.






Through out our lives we are going to hear bad things said about us but it doesn't matter. Why? You may ask, and because although you may not realise it there are so many people around you and in your life that are much more important than those who have nothing nice to say. Friends and family are those who are important in life and they will stick with you through whatever.  If anyone is feeling low and extremly insecure about any of the reasons I've spoken about or other reasons then I'm always here as well as your friends and family! 


I hope this blog wasn't too deep for any of you; it was a lot deeper than I expected that's for sure! Either way I hope you enjoyed it and have a great week! 


Shannon xx 



No comments:

Post a Comment