Sunday, 13 April 2014

Dear 18 Year Old Me.



Hello again!

Today I thought I would do something a bit different.Usually this topic is done in a YouTube video and I first saw it done by MusicalBethan. (You can find that video here! Don't let the name of the video deceive you!)
It's basically where you say what you hope to happen before or by a certain age; in this case when I'm 18. But due to this being a blog and not a YouTube channel it might seem a bit different but who know's, maybe in an alternate universe somewhere in the world I might have a YouTube channel in the future...yeah right. 

- Firstly, I hope to have a job. I did apply for about seven different jobs this weekend and although I will probably not get any of them, it's a start! But for real, I would like to be earning my own money by the age of eighteen. Whether it's in a supermarket, hairdressers or in retail it's still a way of earning money.

- Next? Driving license please. My main aim is that by January next year I will have enough money to start driving lessons and then by the age of 18 I can legally drive. In a perfect world I would have a mini cooper but I will by no means have the money to buy one so maybe by like 25 I'll have one?...

- Thirdly, I want to have applied to a journalism college. Having already started looking at different places I am hopeful that this is an easy target but it will definitely be one of the hardest I think. Most of my friends will probably go off to university so we'll all go separate ways and to me that's a really scary thought.

- FOURTH! Now considering the last point this may seem out of place but I want to have decided whether or not I'm having a gap year or not. Do I have a year away from education and have some FREEDOM? Or do I carry on education and get it out of the way??

- Been to more concerts. Now that I know I can go to a standing concert with someone and not feel scared or fearful of being there it's made me realise that I can do more things like that. Also meaning I will need more money for gigs...going back to point one!


- Go to the gym on a regular basis. Considering I'm renewing my membership there this week, I'm hoping that I can get there at least twice a week, three if I'm lucky. And since I finish school mid June I will have plenty of time to go. So there is no excuse. 
Linked to the gym point, I am aiming to look into doing the Cancer Research 'Race For Life'. I've said for a while now that by the time I'm 18 I want to have started training to do it. It's supports such an amazing charity that is close to everyone's hearts and I think it would be amazing to be part of whilst raising money for it.



- At 18 I hope I'm still doing dance, whether it means dropping one type and starting another I hope that I'm still active in dance and stay on at the Joyce Butler School Of Dance.


- Piercings. Even though I am hoping to get these done in a few months these will still be on the list. By the age of 18 I want to have my nose and tragus pierced...who know's there might even be another ear piercing after that...

Tragus Piercing.
- LONG HAIR. After foolishly dying half of my hair blue/green last year, it ended up in it being awfully damaged and me cutting it, leaving it quite short. Having shorter hair is definitely different but I've started to like it but that doesn't mean to say that when I see my best friend with awfully long flowing hair I don't feel a pang of envy! So I hope that by the age of 18 I maintain it's healthiness and increase it's length...
Please?...
- Lastly, when I'm 18 I hope to still be blogging and reply to this blog.

I hope you enjoyed this blog and I'm pretty sure that all schools are on a break now? If you are then I hope you're enjoying it immensely but if you're not then...enjoy school??? Although I would love to be going out and doing things this half-term, I have revision and am pretty sure my friends are also too busy revising to do anything but it must be done?
A representation of me revising.
Until the next blog post!
Shannon xx

No comments:

Post a Comment