Monday, 21 April 2014

Films, Films, Films // Fab Five

Hello! 

I didn't do a very good job at the whole 'I will blog more this half term' did I? no. Although I've been off for two weeks I've only been out 3 days due to revising! But I have found the time to make this blog post! Today I'm going to talk about five films I've recently watched and have acutally loved!

1. The Hunger Games: Catching Fire.
Okay, so I saw this at the start of the year but it was phenomenal. After the first film I was expecting quite a lot from this second film in the trilogy and it really did live up to my expectations. The acting from the whole cast is just brilliant and even new characters fitted in perfectly. One scene which I particularly loved was the 'fog' scene, without telling you all about it in case you haven't seen it, Katniss, Peeta and Finnick all try to escape a deadly fog and of course this is all done with special affects but the acting from these three very talented actors is just breath taking, you would think that there was actually a skin burning fog chasing after them and that they were actually in danger.
5/5

2. Frozen.
I wasn't one of the first people to see this film so last month I thought I would check it out to check out why everyone was raving about it so much! And to no surprise at all I loved it and ended up watching it multiple times on the weekend. My favourite Disney film is Tangled purely due to the fun characters and musical theme so this is now a close second. The characters are all so different; a harsh 'queen', a humble sister, a chilled ice seller and his excitable reindeer and who could forget the lovable snowman. All of these characters make you just fall in love with everything about the film, from the songs to the story line.
4/5

3. The Purge.
Now, I'm very late with this film partially because I had no idea on what it was about but the other day I decided to put it on and have it on whilst I revised...I ended up not revising. The Purge is something completely different to any film out there and I am glad to hear that there will be a second one out there. With plot twists through out the film it keeps to on the edge of your seat and wanting to watch until the end. I strongly recommend this film as it's slightly thrilling but you can still watch it alone, as I did. 
4/5

4. The Quiet Ones.
A horror. Now personally I quite like horror films as they're kind of like a rollarcoaster in the sense that you feel fear but want to carry on. After seeing The Conjuring I think I am able to watch any horror in the cinema and I'm lucky enough to have a best friend who is willing to sit through any horrors with me. One thing that interested me about this film was one of the main characters; Sam Claflin who is also know as Finnick in The Hunger Games, I really wanted to see if he was as good in a horror and to see how versatile he is as an actor and he was brilliant. The story line of this film is one of the best I've seen in a horror film with twists and turns throughout. 
3.8/5

5. One Direction: This Is Us. 
I've never been a massive One Direction fan especially when they first came about, I really didn't see what was so special about them but recently I've really quite grown to them and thought that I might as well watch their film. It was definitely nice to see the boys a bit more relaxed and 'themselves'. Although there was a lot of concert footage I think it would be nicer if each of the boys had a section of just them talking to a camera. All in all it was an enjoyable film/documentary and I think you should definitely watch it for an in sight to their lives.
3/5

Yes, this blog post was quite short today but I didn't want to make the list too long! Having school start again soon and the months passing by I've got a few more exciting blog posts planned for the months ahead so watch this space!

Until next time!
Shannon xx

No comments:

Post a Comment