Thursday, 10 April 2014

A Night Of Joy // The Vamps In Concert

Hello!

If you read my previous blog post then you would know that I went to The Vamps gig in aid of Teenage Cancer Trust. Although I've been to many concerts before this was only my second one standing in the stalls and if you had asked me a year ago if I would do that then I would've said no as the thought some what terrified me and even thinking about it made my heart race. But it was phenomenal! The atmosphere was brilliant and The Vamps themselves are an amazing band live! Having my best friend there with me was also brilliant as we were dancing and singing along together.

The was a supporting act before The Vamps and that was a UK X factor finalist who took peoples breath away with his acoustic version of everyone's favorite songs. At the gig he started off with a personal favorite of mine being 'Skinny Love' and he did it justice. This was followed my mixes of songs including Katy Perry's 'Teenage Dream', The 1975's 'Sex' and The Kook's 'Naive'. Luke had the whole venue singing along and having fun.


Luke Friend.
The Vamps then came on around 7:15 and the reaction was just amazing. The whole room up-roared as they came on to stage. This was my first time seeing them live or even in real life so like everyone else, when they came on I was crazy... They started their set with 'WildHeart' and they then sang various songs which will be on the album such as:
  • Can We Dance
  • Somebody To You
  • Shout About It
  • Cecilia
  • Girls On TV
  • Last Night
 The Vamps have a brilliant stage presence and make the whole room feel connected. At one point the Tristan (Drums) and Connor (Bass) took a break off stage leaving Brad (Lead vocals) and James (Lead Guitar) to sing an extremely stripped back and touching version of 'Shout About It'.At the bottom of this post you'll be able to find a video on The Vamps YouTube video of the gig!
Bradley Simpson

Connor Ball

James Mcvey

(L-R) James, Tristan Evans and Bradley.
The show was also watched by a few YouTubers including, Marcus Butler, Joe Sugg, Casper Lee and his girlfriend Gabby Jones as well as Carrie Fletcher. Whilst watching Joe Sugg's vlog I noticed that I as well as my best friend were in the vlog! Just as the concert finished and they were vlogging it! I made it to stardom...
Whoo Yeah!!

Any who! Wrapping up this blog post I am glad to say that the sun has returned to England today meaning I didn't wear a coat finally! But a new horror film is out tomorrow (The Quiet Ones) Which I am hoping to see next Wednesday! What are you all doing?
Also this gig was in aid of an amazing cause and if you text 'Vamps' to 70500 to donate £5 to Teenage Cancer Trust.

The Vamps video here!

Until later!
Shannon xx









No comments:

Post a Comment