Wednesday, 16 April 2014

Top Ten Tuesday // Life Favourites

Helloo!!

Back again and I hope you enjoyed the last post a favourite of mine to do to be honest! I thought for today I would do my most recent, top ten favourites. 

1. Starting us off is an Australian band...5 Seconds Of Summer.
After hearing 'She looks so perfect' on the radio so much the last couple of months, I decided to look them up on YouTube (That's where they started) and ever since I have been somewhat obsessed with them; including the drummer. Their genre is pop-punk and you can see that they really are in it just for the music. Below are two links, one to their debut single and one to another song they've made.
Debut single - She Looks So Perfect.
Another song - Heartbreak Girl.
(L-R) Ashton Irwin, Calum Hood, Luke Hemmings and Michael Clifford.

2. Dare I say it but...Pinterest. 
I have to admit, I have had a love/hate relationship with Pinterest because I just had no idea how to use it and believe me, it STRESSED me out! After spending about half an hour trying to find people I wanted to follow I actually found that I liked it. After finding some beautiful dresses that was! Pinterest is said to be another version of Tumblr, and I am still more of a Tumblr person but the main advantage of Pinterest is that if you want to find something you've re-pinned then you can find it straight away but with Tumblr you could scroll for hours and never find what you're looking for.

3.
 
Gosh, I watched series 1-4 over the last week and now that I'm finished and have to wait for series 5 to be added to the boxset, I don't know what to do with my life. Obviously I could watch series 5 online but the quality just won't be the same. The humour in Modern Family is my absolute family, it's very lighthearted but at the same time sends out a message. My favourite character being Phil, makes it even funnier and wish that my dad was a bit dopey and childish like him.

4. Moving onto jewelry and Midi rings!
When these first came into fashion I thought they were pointless and meaningless but now look at me; putting them in a favourites! I think they're really nice as an extra assessory even if you have normal rings on as well. I have both gold and silver midi rings and think that they are a cute touch to any outfit, they also really fit with the bohemian sort of image which is my all time favourite!

5. Bandanas.
Now, is this a phase? Is this because of seeing Ashton Irwin (drummer of 5seconds of summer) wear them? I don't know but it seems that whenever I french-plait my hair, I end up putting a bandanna on and some day's it will look alright, others...I look like a complete and utter fish, but all I know now is that I want to buy more, and that is never good considering I'm saving up money to buy concert tickets!!

6. Barry M Gelly.
This nail polish is perfect for just quickly painting your nials last minuite and wanting them to dry quickly! This nail polish is quite thick so you normally only need one coat meaning it drys super quick which is always a main factor for me when I look for nail polishes.
I use the colour 'Lychee' because I like just a plain nude colour sometimes.

7. Soap&Glory 'The Righteous Butter'
This is the most amazing moisturiser I have ever used. I got it for my birthday last year, and it just makes your skins feel amazing! It's also a long lasting product as I have had it for five months and still have half a tub! Mainly due to you only needing a small bit of the product for it to last hours! I notice that if I lotion after a shower with this I can still feel it having an effect on my skin hours after. Amazing product.

8. Vine.
Yes, an app! I love going onto Vine just before bed and checking out all the recent videos although only 6 seconds they can be so hilarious and creative! If you don't have vine then I strongly reccomend it and some people to follow for bundles of laughs would be: 
- Curtis Lepore
-Jack and Jack
-Brent Rivera
-Magcon Boys (Includes Nash Grier, Cameron Dallas, Mathew Espinosa, Carter Reynolds &more!)
-Brandon Calvillo

9. Kimono's!
Another fashion piece this time. If you don't know what it is then a Kimono is an extremely lightweight cardigan type of clothing. Originally meant as a piece of nightwear they have now been made too be fashionable and perfect for both summer and spring. A perfect example of one is this:
kimono wrap, lace bralette, crochet shorts
This particular one found on Pinterest.
10.

 Of course there is a music related point and recently there are four points to this! My absolute faves The Vamps have released their debut album 'Meet The Vamps'. Now a lot of the time a bands first album might not be amazing and I worried a bit that it wouldn't really be 'them' or be 'their type of music' but I had nothing to fear as they delivered an absolutely amazing album with a mixture of acoustic songs, fun 'dancy' song and even one or two ballads. Brilliant!

- Now this is slightly different for my type of music but Disclosures album 'Settle'. It's really upbeat and personally I think it's a great album for just simply listening to, parties and even exercise as it's so upbeat.

- Bombay Bicycle club, I've written about their new album multiple times in previous blogs so I needen't say much about it, but all there is to say is that I'm still loving it and it's just perfect for the hot weather and relaxing.

- Paolo Nutini. During some intense revsion throughout this week I've gone through lot's of different albums and artists and at one point I decided it would be a good idea to listen to some of Paolo Nutini's old stuff. Best decision this week, after now rediscovering my love for Nutini which stemmed from a young age I am excited to listen to his new album which seems promising after hearing his new song; Scream (Funk My Life Up).

These are links so all the albums on iTunes if you like the 'sound' of them;)
The Vamps -Meet The Vamps
Disclosure - Settle
Bombay Bicycle Club - So Long, See You Tomorrow
Paolo Nutini -Caustic Love

Well! This turned into a pretty long blog post didn't it?! I apologise if anyone found it boring and too long but I do hope some of you found it useful! Let me know if you liked any of the things I mentioned and if you have any questions drop me a comment or tweet me ! (@shanrobinsonn) Hopefully next time I can include more books! I've just been swimming in revision and haven't had anytime to read:(

Shannon xx

No comments:

Post a Comment