Sunday, 4 May 2014

A Dying Love // The Mortal Instruments

Hello!

I know I haven't blogged in so long but I really have been  swamped under revision and also had a bit of difficulty trying to think about what to do a blog post on, but fear not! I thought, why not go back to basics and blog about what I initially set out to blog about. Books.

Last week I decided to get back to 'The Mortal Instruments' series and this meant I started book three; City Of Glass. Personally I absolutely love love loved the second book (City Of Ashes) so much it was my favourite but after finishing the triplet of the series that has all changed. Just when I thought Cassandra Clare had reached her maximum with amazing plot twists, creativity flowing through the whole book and a gripping story line BAM she threw this amazing book at us.



Without giving any of it away this book was definitely the most intriguing as there were so many different plot twists and secrets revealed. Clare brings back past characters from previous books as well as mixing in a range of new ones including Shadowhunters and angels. Whilst keeping the book action packed and as adventurous as the previous two books this one also had a hint more emotion and more poignant scenes; some you really do not see coming, so prepare yourselves. 
Blurb:
Amid the chaos of war, the Shadowhunters must decide to fight with  the vampires, werewolves and other Downworlders - or against them. Meanwhile, Jace and Clary have their own decision to make: Should they persue a love they know is forbidden?
 After leaving the whole Shadowhunter world for quite some time I was somewhat apprehensive about starting all over again, why on earth was I?! This book is definitely the best in the series so far and I loved it so much that once I finished it this morning, I instantly picked up the fourth one; City Of Fallen Angels, and am now a quarter through it. 
Clare writes in such a mesmerising way that just her alone makes you want to read it, she could write about a completely different genre/topic and it would still be an amazing book as Cassandra Clare's talent for writing books is beyond belief.

If you enjoyed this blog post and haven't read any of the series I STRONGLY recommend! Before this series, I didn't like to read fantasy books and I absolutely despised books written in third person. This series is both and I couldn't be happier that I decided to start reading it as it is a truly amazing series. 

If you would like to read more about these books, then I will leave a link below to each of their profiles on the book based website goodreads.

Book One - City Of Bones
Book Two -  City Of Ashes 
Book Three - City Of Glass 
Book Four - City Of Fallen Angels 
Book Five - City Of Lost Souls 
Book Six - City Of Heavenly Fires- Comes out late May!!! oooh exciting.

I hope you thoroughly enjoyed this blog and if you're from the UK I hope you enjoy your long weekend! Don't forget to let me know what you think, +1 or even follow me in twitter:) @shanrobinsonn or to see my daily fangirling then @TheVamps_Shann

Have a great weekend!
Shannon xx

No comments:

Post a Comment