Friday, 23 May 2014

Books Galore // What I Am Reading

Hello! 

I haven't done a blog in what feels like forever; due to me being halfway through GCSE exams but now it's half term and I have a week free from exams! So since it's not secret that I love books I thought I would update you on my book status at the moment...is that a thing? 

Well, starting off with The Mortal Instrument series! I am pleased to say I am four books into the series and am pre-ordering City Of Heavenly Fire. I'm hoping to read City Of Lost Souls some time next week during revision and then I will be able to move straight onto City Of Heavenly Fire. Unfortunately I haven't read The Infernal Devices! This might be a massive mistake and I know that this book series sort of entwines into the last book but I guess we'll find out when I read it! 

The next book which is at the top of my book list is actually two trilogies and one book on its own. The Hunger Games and the Divergent trilogy are two series I know I'm late to read but who cares?! I have actually read half of the hunger games but stopped the reason being unknown but I am going to start again in summer when I have the money to buy all three books! The same goes for Divergent, Insurgent and Allegiant which I have heard amazing reviews about both series! Finally I have just found my copy of The Book Thief which was given to me on world book day two years ago and I meant to read but then...lost. So I am looking forward to diving into that book!

 



My current reading status however...is Twilight. Now I know that this book has had many mixed reviews myself included as I gave up halfway through the second book about two years ago, but I am giving them another chance and am hopefully going to blitz through these books due to my recent buy of The Lovely Bones! I've heard so much about this book and I was even told by an English teacher that I wrote an essay in a way similar to how the book is written so I am intrigued to read it.



Rounding this off I now use 'GoodReads' on a daily basis so if you want to stay up to date with the books I crave then follow me! My profile can be found - here!

Well that seems to be it this week! I hope you liked it and I will aim to do another blog next week, whether it be book related or not!

Shannon xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment