Monday, 30 June 2014

A Night For The Stars // Prom

Hello again!

I'm back again with an exciting and somewhat beautiful blog post for you all.
As of two weeks ago I finished high school, which is pretty awesome but also means I'm closer to becoming a self-dependent adult...not as awesome, but at the end of this year we are greeted by the exciting event of PROM. 

Friday 27th June, 2014. The day had come after some serious stressing about finding the perfect dress, shoes and bags to match and how to have our hair and of course for the boys there was the stress of trying not to get the same old generic suit and they definitely didn't! Once I was ready I was suddenly filled with a stomach of butterflies and was grateful when I reached the house my friends and I were meeting at. This then led to MULTIPLE group photos...I think it's safe to say we all felt like celebrities!

I think we fitted the theme of our prom which was 'The Oscars!'
Of course there was the worry of prom being one of those awkward school things where everyone stands around the edge of the dancefloor eating all the cakes and talking but it was completely different! After a good 45 minutes of watching everyone arrive and screaming over how beautiful everyone looked the hall soon started to fill up and the DJ's started their set which luckily was great! There was a mix of modern dance anthems, chart music and even a few golden oldies. If I could relive it again, trust me I would!

One other thing which made it even more brilliant was the fact that all of the teachers that attended were so chilled and it was so nice to see them out of 'Teacher mode'. Although we did not witness any teachers that were completely inebriated it was hilarious to see a few that weren't totally sober either! They treated it like it was their prom too and even joined in on the dance floor and chanted for more songs once prom was reaching an end.  

We were even given a spectacular firework display which as it started off had very minimal fireworks with literally no effect but near the end they got so big and loud I had to walk away for a bit as they were literally crazy! I don't think the night could have gone any better and I'm glad to have experienced it! Following this, here are some of my favourite photos of the tremendous night!






Something went very wrong here!

My three beautys!

That pretty much sums prom for me up! It was the best way to finish my time at high school which was filled with ups and downs but if anything prom made you apprecitate everyone in your year even if you had never even spoken to some of them! If you haven't had your prom yet, then LOOK FORWARD TO IT! And if you have I hope it was as amazing as mine! 

Unitl next time!
Shannon xx





No comments:

Post a Comment