Wednesday, 30 July 2014

Baby Be Mine // Book review.

Hello! 

Today I thought I'd throw a book review at you as it occurred to me that I haven't been doing as many as I would have liked, so what better way to do this than review the most recent book I've read.

Baby Be Mine by Paige Toon.

Due to summer now having kicked it I wanted to read a more light hearted book with a bit of romance and this book was just that. Recommended by my mum who has read it multiple times I was looking forward to diving into it and I certainly did! Just by looking at the cover I knew the book would be quite cheerful and fun to read as you can see it is a mixture pinks and blues.


Blurb:
'He's not mine, is he?' That's the question I fear the most. You see, I have a secret. My son is not fathered by my boyfriend, but by one of the most famous people that ever lived. And he doesn't even know it. 

One-time celebrity personal assistant to wild boy of rock Johnny Jefferson, Meg Stiles is now settled and living in the south of France with her doting boyfriend Christian and son Phoenix. But they're living a lie - a lie that will turn their lives upside down and inside out. Because Meg's son doesn't look like Christian, he looks like his rock star father and, sooner or later, the world is going to realize ..
Baby Be Mine is the second in the 'Johnny Be Good' series and no I did not read the first book but luckily there wasn't a need to as the books do not link, however I will be reading the previous book soon.

On to the review; this book was definitely a quick and easy read  and is perfect for reading in your garden as the sun sets. The main character Meg is easy to connect to straight away and Paige Toon truly represents Meg's frustration and confusion in a perfect way. Toon also helps you engage with each character showing both strong and vulnerable sides.

When I first saw the book had 49 chapters I slightly dreaded it but the chapters are all very short and snappy and the constant flow of drama, romance and mystery keeps you turning the pages for hours, which I did as I finished this book after around two days. 

After reading a few chapters I started to guess the ending and found the book somewhat cliche but I was happy to find that the ending took a different turn and was so sweet it brought tears to my eyes at 2am. There is a wonderful mixture of romance, real-life scenarios and pain which makes this book to fabulous to read, and makes me want to read more from Paige Toon; which I will!

You can find Paige Toon's Goodreads page here!
You can also find my Goodreads page here and stay upto date with what I'm reading or what I desire to read next!

Hope you enjoyed this review!
Until next time,
Shannon xx

No comments:

Post a Comment