Friday, 21 November 2014

Gig Night // 17/11/14

Well, it's been a long time since writing a blog but I'm back!

I know it's been around 2 months since my last post, but lets just say Sixth Form hit like a ton of bricks! Now nearly two terms in and it's safe to say my feet are firmly in the ground and I believe I'm slowly forming into my old organised self! It's also my anniversary month of blogging marking a whole years worth of A first time for everything! So I couldn't resist spending an evening planning this one out!  Other than Sixth form, I've done quite a bit including ticking two things off my annual bucket list which will be my next blog! But most excitingly I have been to two concerts and completely forget about blogging about them, so let's kick off this new blogging term with my most recent! 

EofE.

A band I first discovered at another gig they were supporting I instantly loved these guys. Their sound, image and most importantly their energy on the stage. EofE (East Of Eden), five guys from Dudley with inspirations stemming from The Rolling Stones to Mcfly, making the perfect description of crossover rock. First seeing these guys at a more 'pop' genre gig it was amazing to see them jump onto stage with energy and enthusiasm; even if they weren't widely known by the audience. I soon realised after a 3-4 song set that I just had to get tickets to their own headlining gig which happened to be the next month...

...I did just that!

After walking around London for a good 15 minutes lost, we soon realised we had past the venue which was The Borderline, of course where many bands of these past few decades have started out such as The Rolling Stones, Biffy Clyro and more. When we arrived the support acts had already started but that wasn't much of a disappointment. Supporting as The Fuse and a band called Vix. Both of whom I was unfamiliar with but have to say that I am definitely happy with knowing of Vix now as they were amazing! Female fronted band with an edgy and punky sound and they showed such passion in their performances, it was enlightening to see.

As the crowd started to get a bit more relaxed and into the mood the time reached 9:10 and it was nearly time for EofE to come on to stage. First on was the drummer (Nicky Waters), follwed by lead, bass and rhythm gutarists (Dan Bremner, Luke Bradely and Reece Luke) and last but by no means least the lead singer (Tom Harris). For a very small stage they shared the stage perfectly and their chemistry and passion for the music they were performing was great to see. 


Seriously, the stage was tiny. 
Their set was brilliant, singing new, old and even a mash up of Michael Jackson and Nirvana. Tom's vocals were amazing, and the fact that he's only two years older then myself bewilders me! His high pitched tone was carried with strength, power and life just like he carried himself. Being so close to the stage in a very small venue made the gig a lot more intimate and you can really see how much it means so such a small band that you have actually bought tickets to see them play. 


video



As much as I would normally hate audience participation, they got the crowd going and one of the songs we were made to squat down and jump on the big note which saw the whole venue erupt in excitement and laughter; including the EofE boys. The best part would either be their performance of Piece Of You or their mash up of Billie Jean/Smells Like Teen Spirit.


Very close indeed! (Tom Harris)

L-R Dan, Tom, Nicky & Luke.
To make things any better, I got a woke up to them favouriting my tweet and also having Reece favouriting my tweet at lunch. Fab!!

I'll be leaving a link to their most recent single as well as a favourite of mine! 



Be sure to follow myself and EofE on twitter, 
@Shanrobinsonn
@EofEofficial

and I'll be blogging again soon!

Until next time, 
Shannon xx 


No comments:

Post a Comment